- ಭಾವಗೀತೆ / ಜಾನಪದಗೀತೆ (Virtuoso) - Age 15+
- ಚಲನ ಚಿತ್ರ ಗೀತೆಗಳು (Virtuoso) - Age 15+
- Singing - Any Songs (Budding Stars) - Age 15+
- Standup Comedy (Age 15+)
- Classical Dance (Virtuoso) / Age 15+
- Sandalwood Dance - Age 15+
- Singing - Any Songs (Children Age 10-15)
- Singing - Any Songs (Children Age 4-9)
- Classical Dance (Children Age 10-15)
- Classical Dance (Children Age 4 - 9)
- Sandalwood Dance (Children Age 10-15)
- Sandalwood Dance (Children Age 4 - 9)
- Folk Dance (Children Age 10-15)
- Folk Dance (Children Age 4-9)
- ಕನ್ನಡ ಕಲಿ ಸ್ಪರ್ಧೆ (೪ ರಿಂದ ೯ ವಯಸ್ಸಿನ ಮಕ್ಕಳಿಗೆ)
*Virtuoso means the participant is highly skilled in music and professional
*Nominations are to be for the solo performances only. Group performances are not considered for the KGT
*Total Kannada Kali Registrations = 25 out of 25 slots
*Registrations will be updated daily around 9PM
What do you need to do?
Once you register, a 3 minutes performance video to be submitted to KUK Events WhatsApp number +44 7459 168680 on or before 18th October 2020, 5PM
Refer to the Guidelines provided in the sections below.
Registration is now CLOSED for the KGT Entry
Round 1 - Preliminary - Guidelines
Preliminary Round Video Submission Guidelines
(applicable to all Categories except Kannada Kali)
- Record your performances from Indoor/Outdoor and KUK Events WhatsApp number +44 7459 168680 on or before 18th October 2020, 5PM
- The video must be in a good quality .mp4 format should not exceed 50MB
- The video performance should not be more than 3 mins duration
- Video must be recorded in a landscape mode
- Along with your video submission, please mention your Full Name as registered with the category you are submitting the content
Preliminary Round Voting
- Once all the content are received by 18th October 2020, 5PM, the video content will be scheduled to be uploaded to KUK Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/kannadigaruruk) with the Participant's Name and the category (Children age 4-9 videos will be uploaded to KUK FB Group page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/KannadigaruUK)
- The Voting will begin from 19th October 5PM and will be closing on 28th October 2020
To make it more fair and consistent to the talents going into the top 3 for the Rajyotsava day, the KGT committee has looked into the preliminary round assessment and decided to adopt final scoring with 50% weightage to social media popularity votes and 50% from the average score of two independent judges from our supporting organisation Chirantana academy.
Here is how the preliminary round ranking works:
- Total number of likes will be taken on 28th October at 9PM
- Based on the Social Media Votes, we rank the performers for each category. For example, if there are 7 contestants in the category, we rank them from 1 to 7 based on the number of overall Likes on the post (Include Blue thumbs ups, Love and Care as on 28th October 9PM)
- 1000 votes are allocated to the performers for the popularity. The popularity rank is turned into Popularity Weighted Score. Taking the example above, 1st ranked will get 7/7 portion of 1000 and 2nd ranked one will get 6/7th of the portion and so on…
- Two independent judges will rate separately providing a score out of 1000 (This is captured online through an automated form)
- Average votes from two of the judges will be added to the total vote tally
- Popularity vote and averaged vote from the judges will be added up to make the total vote for the performer under each category.
- Top 3 with the highest vote will be selected for the final Rajyotsava Day performance in front of the judges
- The Popularity Weighted Score and average judges score will be made available on or before 5PM on 29th October.
ಕನ್ನಡ ಕಲಿ ಸ್ಪರ್ಧೆ (೪ ರಿಂದ ೯ ವಯಸ್ಸಿನ ಮಕ್ಕಳಿಗೆ)
🟠KGT (KUK Got Talent) ರಾಜ್ಯೋತ್ಸವ ೨೦೨೦ ರ ಪ್ರಯುಕ್ತ ಕನ್ನಡ ಕಲಿ ಚಿಣ್ಣರಿಗೆ ಸ್ವಚ್ಛ ಕನ್ನಡ ಭಾಷೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಮಾತನಾಡುವ ಒಂದು ವಿಶೇಷ ಸ್ಪರ್ಧೆ
🟠ವಿಷಯಾಧಾರಿತ ಮಾತು - ಮಕ್ಕಳಿಗೆ ಅನುಕೂಲವಾಗುವ ಯಾವುದೇ ವಿಷಯದ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ೩ ನಿಮಿಷದಲ್ಲಿ ಸ್ವಚ್ಛ ಕನ್ನಡದಲ್ಲಿ ಮಾತನಾಡುವುದು (ಉದಾಹರಣೆಗೆ ಶಾಲೆ, ಬಸ್ಸು, ರೈಲು, ಬಣ್ಣಗಳು, ಗಿಡಗಳು, ಪ್ರಾಣಿಗಳು ಇತ್ಯಾದಿ)
🟠ರಾಜ್ಯೋತ್ಸವದ ದಿನ ನೋಂದಾಯಿತ ಎಲ್ಲಾ ಮಕ್ಕಳಿಗೆ ಅವಕಾಶ
🟠 ತೀರ್ಪುಗಾರರಾಗಿ ಕನ್ನಡ ಕಲಿ ಶಿಕ್ಷಕ ಶಿಕ್ಷಕಿಯರು ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಾಧಿಕಾರದ ಪ್ರಸ್ತುತಿಯಲ್ಲಿ
🟠ವಿನ್ನರ್ ಹಾಗೂ ರನ್ನರ್ ಅಪ್ ಟ್ರೋಫಿ, ಜೊತೆಗೆ ಭಾಗವಹಿಸಿದ ಎಲ್ಲಾ ಮಕ್ಕಳಿಗೆ ವಿಶೇಷ ಡಿಜಿಟಲ್ ಸರ್ಟಿಫೀಕೆಟ್ಸ್
ಸ್ಪರ್ಧೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಭಾಗವಹಿಸಲು ನಿಮ್ಮ ಮಕ್ಕಳನ್ನು ಪ್ರೋತ್ಸಾಹಿಸಿ ಮತ್ತು ಹೆಸರನ್ನು ನೋಂದಾಯಿಸಿ.🙏
Key note to the Participants
- KGT (KUK Got Talent) although a competition, we acknowledge that everyone is a WINNER here.
- You must be residing in United Kingdom and be a Kannada Speaking diaspora member to participate in the KGT
- Your talent is important and ensure you bring that talent out and lets all come together and celebrate the UK Kannadigas talent
- The preliminary round voting is based on the social media popularity and assessment provided by two independent judges.
- For the social media popularity
- KUK will post your Video on its Page or Group
- Audience can
- Like the post (counted for voting are Likes, Loves and cares)
- Comment on the post (not counted for Voting)
- Like comments on this post (i.e., vote by liking)
- Message our Page
- The voting count will not include
- The count of likes if you share the post on your timeline
- Share the post on your friends timeline
There are some technical criteria to follow for those selected for the final R - Day performances, please watch this space for more updates.
You are invited to a Zoom meeting.
When: Nov 8, 2020 10:00 AM London
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
More Interesting Contests for the Audience Coming Soon!
Watch this Space....